Lori Anne completes a detailed examination including a history, postural analysis and specific special tests related to the injury or dysfunction. She works with people who have had an injury, have underwent surgery or are looking to improve their performance and prevent injury.
She has a special interest in the lower extremity, particularly the knee. She has experience in returning athletes to high level sport following ACL repairs, MCL injuries, and meniscal repairs.
Lori Anne provides a variety of treatment techniques on a case needed basis:
- Manual Therapy – Use of hands to mobilize joints and restore normal movement.
- Custom Exercise Programs – Exercises with a focus on functional movements to help your body heal and strengthen in areas that are needed.
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture needles are used in Tradition Chinese Medicine points to help reduce pain and inflammation and to promote healing. The needles are left in place for a short period of time.
- Intramuscular Stimulation (Chan Gunn/UBC IMS) – A needle is inserted into a muscle to target neuropathic pain (pain driven by the nervous system). Needles are inserted to get a desired response from the muscle and it’s associated nerve and then removed.
- Soft Tissue Massage – Use of hands to mobilize muscle and surrounding connective tissue to promote healing, increase range of motion or alleviate swelling.
- Electrotherapy – Lori Anne uses electrotherapy when evidence supports its application. This can include Neuromuscular Electrical Nerve Stimulation, Interferrential Current, Therapeutic Ultrasound or Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS).
- Custom Knee Bracing – Lori Anne fits custom knee braces made by Ossur and Donjoy. There are a variety of braces to choose from including ligament support braces, braces to reduce load on the meniscus and offloading braces for knees with osteoarthritis.
- Sports Taping – Lori Anne uses a variety of taping techniques to improve muscle activation, provide mechanical support or help improve posture.
- Vestibular Rehabilitation, Balance and Dizziness Re-training – Vertigo and dizziness can be caused by a variety of issues. Vertigo can be caused by the crystals in your inner ear moving into the semicircular canals and overstimulating your vestibular system. This is known as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. This can be treated by moving the body and head through a specific series of movement to put the crystals back in place. Dizziness can be result after concussion or infections in your inner ear. It is best to see your family Physician prior to this treatment to ensure the correct diagnosis before we begin.